Our company, composed of 300 hectares, is one of the most prestigious companies for the production of wine and oil in the territory of San Gimignano.
Born in 1411 when the noble Florentine family of the Acciaioli bought the lands of Pietrafitta. During the 1500s, both an imposing villa, which can still be admired today, and the cellars, whose structure has remained the same today, were built.
Moreover, Buontalenti, a famous Florentine artist, known for example for the construction of the Uffizi Museum and the Boboli Gardens, was commissioned to design a chapel adjacent to the villa, still present today.
At the end of the sixteenth century the Estate was bought by the archbishop of Pisa, Carlo Antonio dal Pozzo, and in 1867 there was an important event: the marriage between Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo and Amedeo d'Aosta, son of the king of Italy Vittorio Emanuele II. The villa and all the lands were designated as the official residence of the Royal Height Maria Vittoria Duchess of Aosta and, with the management of the Savoy, the company became one of the most prestigious Italian companies. After the Second World War, the company was confiscated from the royal family and passed into the hands of the Duchess Balbi-Valier.