Cantine Aliani project was born from the passion for the land of the Aliani brothers, descendants of generations of farmers, with the purchase of the ancient Castle of Ramazzano.
With a lot of the love and dedication, the Aliani started the recovery of the manor, investing in the development of its vineyards and its medieval cellars.
This is how, today as in the past, the hard work has paid off and the excellent wines of Cantine Aliani are a solid and promising reality.
The names of the two whites, the two reds and the reserve originate from the strong link with the territory and its pluricentennial history:
- Castrum Ramaçani is dedicated to the name with which the manor appears, in 1258, in the list of castles of Perugia;
- Leone XIII it is a tribute to the Pope of Rerum Novarum, whose nephew Camillo Pecci owned the Castle in the 18th century;
- Silentivm and Non Otivm mention the inscription in the ancient chapel of the Castle, admirably frescoed, which since 1113 was officiated by the Cistercian monks of the nearby Abbey of Montelabate and served as a church until 1600.
THE CASTLE OF RAMAZZANO IN THE CENTURIES.
The Castle of Ramazzano, dating back to the twelfth century, was built by the Ramazzani family, which is believed to have belonged from 1097 until the end of the sixteenth century.
In 1594 the Castle passed to Count Giulio Cesare Degli Oddi, who wanted to arrogate municipal powers but was condemned to pay huge damages to Perugia.
In 1637, with the death of Alessandro Ramazzani, the dynasty died out definitively. In the 18th century the Castle passed to Marquises Coppoli from Siena, later it also belonged to the nephew of Leone XIII, Camillo Pecci, Presutti and Count Bennicelli. The latter, in 1931, hosted King Vittorio Emanuele III.
The Castle still preserves much of the original wall development, crenellated in Guelph style, with a square tower and a large internal courtyard.